This Chicken & Dill Pie recipe has become a fan favourite in our household, and it only takes 30 mins to prepare!
• Spring Onions | 1 bunch | Chopped
• Button Mushrooms | 200gm | Sliced
• Skinless Chicken Breasts | 500gm | Cut into large pieces
• Plain Flour | 1 1/2 tbsp
• Chicken Stock | 300mL
• Crème Fraîche | 100mL
• Dijon Mustard | 1 tsp
• Flat-leaf Parsley | A handful | Chopped
• Dill | A handful | Chopped
• Chives | A handful | Chopped
• Filo Pastry | 4 sheets | Halved
STEP 1 | Cook the spring onions with a knob of butter until softened.
STEP 2 | Add the mushrooms and cook until browned a little and their liquid has been reabsorbed.
STEP 3 | Add the chicken and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, then sprinkle over the flour and cook, stirring, for a couple more minutes.
STEP 4 | Stir in the stock gradually and simmer for 2 minutes, then stir in the crème fraîche, mustard and herbs.
STEP 5 | Line tray with filo pastry, distribute chicken mixture into individual pie dishes and cool a little.
STEP 6 | Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Brush the filo with melted butter then scrunch up on top of the pies. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the filo is crisp and golden.