Cheesy Winter Veggies with Gnocchi
What we love most about this recipe, is how easily is can be modified to suit your taste!
Replace any of the vegetables you like, add or remove different types of cheese - as long as you keep the basics in play, this will definitely be a regular on your family's menu!
- Pumpkin | 500g | Peeled, seeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- Sweet Potato | 500g | Cut into 2cm pieces
- Brown Onions | 2 | Cut Into Wedges
- Dried Vegetable Stock | 3 Tablespoons
- Parsley | Chopped
- Roast Chicken | 1 Breast | Shredded
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil | 1 - 2 Tablespoons
- Gnocchi | 700gms | Ready made
- Cream | 1/4 cup
- Blue cheese | 50g | Crumbled
- Bocconcini | 150g | Torn into chunks
Step 1 | Place pumpkin, sweet potato, onion and dried stock in a 35cm x 28cm roasting dish. Drizzle with oil. Toss to coat and arrange in a single layer. Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
Step 2 | Meanwhile, cook gnocchi in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes or until tender and they rise to the surface.Transfer with a slotted spoon to roasting dish.
Step 3 | Add chopped parsley, roast chicken, cheeses, and drizzle with cream. Place under a hot grill for 2 minutes or until cheese melts and is golden. Serve immediately.