This recipe is a great example of a simple meal, made with basic ingredients, and a whole lot of love, turned into perfection.
• Onion | Chopped
• Garlic I minced I 1 teaspoon
• Button Mushrooms | 250gm, sliced
• Short cut bacon | 300gm I Cut into large pieces
• Arborio Rice | 2 cups (1/2 cup PP)
• Chicken Stock | 1L - 1.5L
• White wine | 100mL
• Flat-leaf Parsley | A handful I Chopped
• Parmesan Cheese | Grated I 80g
STEP 1 Cook the chopped onion with a knob of butter and garlic until onion is softened.
STEP 2 Add the mushrooms and bacon, cook until the mushrooms are soft.
STEP 3 Remove the bacon and mushroom mix from the frypan. Add another knob of butter to the frypan. Add the rice and dry cook for 1 minute.
STEP 4 Add wine to the rice. When absorbed, add in the mushroom and bacon mixture back to the pan.
STEP 5 Add a cup of stock and allow the rice to absorb the stock. Continue adding stock until the rice is cooked, stirring the mixture a few times along the way.
STEP 6 When the rice is cooked, add the Parmesan and parsley and mix through the risotto. Serve.