Our asparagus & smoked chicken pasta salad is an amazing dish to accompany any great meal. Plus, any left overs make for a really great lunch the next day!
• Pasta shells I 400g
• Asparagus I 2 bunches I Chopped
• Dijon Mustard I 2 teaspoons
• Lemon I 1 I Juice & Zest
• Smoked or Plain Chicken Breast I Cooked
• Chives I 1 bunch I Chopped
• Dill I 1 bunch I Chopped
• Mayonnaise I ¾ Cup I Store bought Or Home made
• Salt & Pepper to taste
STEP 1 | Cook pasta al dente, then add asparagus pieces in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain pasta and run under cool water.
STEP 2 | Finely chop the dill and chives. Carve the chicken into large slices.
STEP 3 | Improve the mayonnaise by adding the zest and juice of one lemon and dijon mustard. Combine well, and stir through the pasta.
STEP 4 | Add chives, dill and salt & pepper to taste. Mix through the chicken.
SERVES 6 (side dish)